EMFs & Empaths – Everything You Need to Know
How does EMF Affect an Empath or HSP?
EMFs & Empaths is an important subject that isn’t talked about much. EMF can affect Empaths or HSPs more than most. If you are an Empath or HSP Highly Sensitive Person, you already know you’re highly sensitive to the emotions and energies of others, even places, and your environment.
The addition of EMFs and electromagnetic Radiation in your environment can be overwhelming and affect your mood, energy levels, and overall well-being.
If you are an empath and find yourself feeling overwhelmed by the EMFs in your environment don’t give up. There are things you can do to stop the overwhelm and energy drain.
For the simplicity of writing, I’m going to use the term empath but know it also can include HSPs, Highly Sensitive Persons as well.
What are EMFs and Why Should You Be Concerned?
EMF or Electromagnetic radiation comes from our technology – cellphones, computers, Wi-Fi networks, cell towers, 5G towers, wiring in our homes, and basically anything that plugs in or has a battery. I’m not going to take a lot of time writing about what EMFs are – we have some excellent articles. CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ABOUT EMF AND THEIR OVERALL EFFECTS
Because EMF is ubiquitous and everywhere, it’s possible you’re being affected without even realizing it. You may just think you’re tired, stressed, coming down with something, even getting old, or having a senior moment.
Because EMF is all around you, you most likely don’t walk into a room and say “Wow, this room is filled with EMF” the effects are much more subtle and it is cumulative and builds up over time. It’s a bit like having a night where you don’t sleep well, you may be a little tired the next day, but still functioning okay. But if that happens day after day it takes its toll.
Are Empaths more Affected by EMF or are they simply more Aware?
That’s a good question and one I don’t have a firm answer to. I suspect that it’s a bit of both. You’re already wired to be more sensitive to what’s around you, so it makes sense that you might be more impacted than others by EMF as well. You also tend to be more self-aware and in tune with changes in how you feel and what’s around you.
EMFs Can Affect your Ability to Access Information
One of the Superpowers you have as an empath is the ability to access information intuitively. It may sometimes seem like a curse, but when you lose that ability, you can feel cut off from a vital part of yourself.
You may be used to gaining insight from an external source or even from within yourself. In some cases, it may be necessary to unplug from technology completely to restore balance.
EMFs can interfere with your ability to access your own higher wisdom or access information from the spirit world. This is one of the reasons we talk so much about EMFs & Empaths, because we know first hand the detrimental affects EMF can have on Empaths, and we also know how to reduce or often eliminate that problem. Just imagine regaining your higher connection and inner wisdom.
How Can You Mitigate the Effects of EMF?
While EMFs can be a challenge for empaths, there are many ways to mitigate the effects. With some awareness and simple adjustments, empaths can stay healthy and balanced in an increasingly electronic world.
You can use a variety of tactics to mitigate the effects, from grounding and shielding to avoiding devices that give off high levels of energy. You may also need to take certain precautions when engaging with technologies such as cell phones or computers for long periods of time, which may be a challenge if you need to engage with these technologies in the course of your work.
11 Tips for Protecting Yourself from EMF and restoring balance
1. Shield yourself. Our BioElectric Shield EMF protection pendants do more than merely protect you from EMF, they’re the only product I know of that does all these things. We have a lot of alternatives, that don’t include living in a bubble.
- BioElectric Shield protects from EMF
- Shield deflects other people’s energy
- Shield helps to balance and ground your energy, when you’re grounded you are more balanced and capable.
2. Ground yourself. When you’re feeling overwhelmed by EMFs, grounding yourself can help to restore balance. Read more about the benefits of grounding
3. Reduce the EMF in Your Home or Office – Read 22 Tips for Reducing EMF
4. Take breaks from technology. If you’re feeling particularly overwhelmed, take a break from all electronic devices- even your cellphone. Disconnect completely for a while, and spend some time in nature, reading a book, or even spending some time with friends or family.
5. Walk barefoot whenever possible. This is a process called Earthing and can reduce EMF impact as well as reduce overall stress and tension in the body. “The research done to date supports the concept that grounding or earthing the human body may be an essential element in the health equation along with sunshine, clean air and water, nutritious food, and physical activity.” See study
6. Take care of yourself. When you’re feeling overwhelmed by EMFs, it’s important to take care of yourself both emotionally and physically. Make sure to get plenty of rest, eat healthy foods, and drink plenty of water. Give yourself some much-needed alone time.
7. Reach for information from within. When you’re feeling overwhelmed by EMFs, it can be helpful to reach for information from within. This may mean taking some time for introspection or seeking out guidance from a trusted source. Check out one of my favorite techniques.
8. Meditate. Meditation is a great way to center yourself and connect with your inner wisdom.
- Many meditators have found that their meditations are easier and more powerful when they are wearing a Level 3 or Level 4 BioShield.
- This is because it’s Shielding out all the static and fear https://bioelectricshield.com/in-the-media/fear-and-bioelectric-shield the outside world.
9. Seek support from others who understand. It’s easier to navigate this world when you don’t feel alone in this. From personal experience, I can tell you, just knowing there are others like you can make you feel a lot less crazy.
- Talk to a therapist or to friends or family who are also sensitive or find groups or communities. There are many communities of people who are sensitive to EMFs and/or who are also empaths. Look for Facebook groups or communities and Meet-ups.
10. Increase negative ions – this doesn’t reduce the EMF but it does increase the positive energy/ Himalayan salt lamps or fountains increase negative ions. Bring in live plants, flowers, and uplifting artwork to help calm your nerves and please your eyes.
11. Create an EMF-free space for yourself. One way to reduce your exposure to EMFs is to create an EMF-free space for yourself. This may mean dedicating a room in your home to EMF protection or simply removing EMF sources from your bedroom and other personal spaces. Because of Wi-Fi, smart meters, and cell towers, this isn’t always easy. You can accomplish this in a couple of ways.
You don’t have to go live inside a bubble – Wearing a BioShield, especially a level 3 or 4 can help you feel like you’re inside a bubble. Then if needed, you can work on your rooms, wiring, or devices. Here’s a list of products and their uses to reduce EMF in your life
- Hang a Room Shield
- Paint the walls with EMF-reducing paint – this keeps outside energy from coming in.
- Wash curtains or draperies in EMF protection laundry additive by AegisGuard.
- Spray the windows with EMF Reduction Spray by AegisGuard.
Don’t Give up Hope! If one thing doesn’t do the trick, keep trying
We’ve been talking about EMF & Empaths and helping EMF-sensitive empaths, HSPs for over 30 years. You don’t have to figure it all out on your own. We have a 90-day-money-back guarantee on the Shield, so there’s no risk in seeing what it can do for you. You most likely will be pleasantly surprised.
Interviews with Virginia Bonta Brown and AnnaMariah
Our very own Virginia Bonta Brown and AnnaMariah are interviewed and share tips.
Virginia talks about the effects of EMF radiation and what steps you can take to protect yourself. As a pediatric occupational therapist, Virginia saw firsthand some of the effects energy had on children and has made it her mission to help protect both children and adults, so they can be empowered to be at their best. Did you know exposure caused by holding a cell phone to their head for only 5-minutes will decrease a child’s attention span for up to 3 hours?
As our technology increases with the roll-out of even more smart meters and 5G networks, taking care of yourself is increasingly important.
AnnaMariah is an Empath. In this interview, she shares her story and talks about what it means to be an HSP or empath and how you can navigate more easily through our world. She designed our HSP Quiz to help Highly Sensitive People and empaths learn their areas of sensitivity and how they can be more at home in a chaotic world.
Listen and find out what you can do and why protection is so necessary.
In this interview Virginia speaks with KB and Ray on the Wake Up Radio Show for the first 40 minutes or so, then AnnaMariah is on until the end.
You have several ways to tune in
Take the HSP/Empath quiz and get a personalized recommendation and tips and life hacks in 5 areas of sensitivity.
Call or Email – we’re here to help 541-201-8878 or email [email protected].
Take advantage of our Free Photo Analysis if you are feeling especially challenged or ill or need more feedback. You get a recommendation and more information on what relief you can expect from a Shield.
Click here to read our other articles and tips about living well as an empath